Has the time come to start thinking about replacing your roof? Whether your roof is at the end of it’s expected life, or was damaged by hail or wind storms, you will want to watch out for a few key items from Denver, CO roofing contractors that you choose interview.
Before you start
Prior to having contractors visit your home to measure the roof and provide you a quote, it’s worth taking a moment to determine what type of roof you want to put back onto your home. Most homes in Colorado are built with asphalt shingle roofs, but there are lots of other great material options such as composite shingle, stone-coated steel, composite tile, and metal.
Likewise, you should start thinking about what color you’d like your new roof to be.
If you are not sure about what material type you want yet, a professional roofing contractor in Denver, CO can provide multiple options and explain pros and cons of each one.
Roof Quote Checklist
When you find a reputable, professional roofing contractor to get a quote from, look out for these key components within their estimate and presentation:
- Full scope of work – including all materials and labor included in the quote. A proper roof replacement quote should include descriptions of roof surface material, underlayment, flashing, ventilation, and other components.
- Optional items – there may be components that are not required, but you may want to consider for the project, such as gutter and downspout replacements to go along with your new roof.
- Estimated project begin and end dates – when can your contractor complete the work they are proposing?
- Warranties – your new roof will likely come with a manufacturer warranty for the materials used on your roof. Your contractor should also provide details of their installation warranty to ensure your roof is properly installed and guaranteed.
- License and insurance – is your contractor licensed and insured? Denver-area roofers have to carry licenses in each city or county they work in before they can get a permit. Insurance is critical to ensure your property is protected in case of an issue or accident.
If you receive a quote from a roofing contractor that is missing any of these components, ask them about it. If they don’t have a great answer, you should continue looking for another contractor that provides all these components.
Are you looking for a professional roofer in Denver? Contact us to get started with your assessment today!