Roof Replacement Process in Denver, CO
A complete roof replacement has many intricacies, but it doesn’t always have to be a headache to navigate. Once broken into simple steps, everything is much more manageable.
First, you will have to choose a roofing contractor. Then, you will be provided with roofing material options, such as asphalt, metal, cedar, and more. Your contractor will help you navigate these options and find what is suitable for you and your roof.
Next, you will discuss payment options. Will you be making monthly instalments with a finance company, pay in full, or go through an insurance company? All that is left after that is to have your roof replaced and enjoy!
Here at Sol Vista Roofing, we want to make sure you understand what to expect when replacing your roof. We have found that many of our previous customers have felt reassured and less anxious during an otherwise stressful process when provided ample information before the beginning of their project.
Choosing the Right Roofing Contractor
When choosing a roofing contractor in Denver, CO, you will want to make sure you hire a company that has an excellent reputation and does good, honest work. This, at times, can be tricky. However, there are a few key things to keep an eye out for.
- It is always a good idea to look for a contractor with lots of positive reviews so you can be sure they’re trustworthy and have experience with the type of roofing you need to do.
- Before hiring a contractor, it’s always best to look at their portfolio. A good website is a sign of expertise. When looking for someone to do home renovations, check to see if they have an online presence.
- You can also ask the roofer you are considering for references and see what their past customers have to say about their experience throughout the roof replacement process.
- If nothing else, at least schedule an appointment for a roof inspection through them. Many companies do free roofing inspections. You will have the chance to not only get a second opinion from a professional, but you also get the opportunity to meet the inspector and have any questions you need to be answered.
All of the above points should give you an excellent idea of whether they are a skillful and reputable contractor.
Choosing the Right Roofing Material
Now that you have your roofing contractor, it is time to discuss what material you should use for your roof. If you would like to consider using a more abstract material, such as tile, cedar, or metal roofing (which is growing more and more popular), you will have to first discuss with your contractor and make sure of these three important questions:
- Does this company provide those options?
- Does your insurance cover them?
- Is it the best option for your roof?
It might be easier to go with classic asphalt shingle.
Asphalt Shingle for your Home in Denver, CO
Asphalt shingle is the most popular choice throughout Northern America, and for a good reason.
- They are very lightweight, adding less strain to your roof.
- They are a very affordable option and come in many different shades and colors.
- They are also covered under any roofing insurance policy, and almost every roofer is experienced with them and offers it as an option.
Types of Asphalt Shingles
There are two main types of asphalt shingles– Three-tab and Architectural.
The three-tab shingle is one of the most popular types of shingles. It consists of three tabs, which are protected by asphalt paper. It lays completely flat to the roof and has a basic design. If you go the architectural route, you will get a shingle that is relatively similar in size to a three-tab but has a few key differences.
Architectural shingles are slightly more durable than asphalt shingles, and they have a raised design, giving depth to the finished roof and having a more visually appealing look.
Finally, you’ve decided which contractor you would like to go through and what shingle type you want, leaving only one significant step left, payment.
Paying for your Brand-new Roof
If you have confirmed in step one that your chosen contractor works in concert with your insurance company and already have an insurance claim filed, you should be all set.
However, if you could not get an insurance claim, or you were not completely covered for the cost of the roof, no worries. A few options are available to you to help aid in the payment process of your brand new roof replacement.
If you are financially able to do so, the first and best option would be to pay it off in full. This is the best route for a few reasons, namely, because you can bypass having to request a loan from your bank or make monthly payments to the roofing contractor.
So here are some other options available to you that help those who need a little financial assistance:
- Financing by Banks: You can ask your bank for a private loan for the amount your insurance will not cover. Inform the bank that this is a long-term investment for your house and that a brand new roof will only increase the current value of your home. Your bank may give you the loan, and you will be set to pay it off over a set period through them.
- Financing by Roofing Companies: f you cannot go through your bank, another great option is to go through your roofing company itself. Most roofing companies will partner with finance companies to help ease the burden of a roof replacement project. These instalments allow you to pay a set amount every month for a certain period.
Look into the different options provided for you, as some may offer a set amount of time with no interest. Also, if you have the availability of a credit card, that may be a viable way to pay for your roof replacement. If you are going to pay for your roofing project via credit, be sure to know the interest rate and what your all-in cost will be once paying the card off.
Congratulations, you’ve navigated through the entire process and made it to the final step. If you’re in need of a new roof and looking for a reliable roofing contractor in Denver area, look no further than Sol Vista Roofing. We have experienced roofing professionals who can assess the condition of your roof, find a solution, and install a roofing system that will last for decades. Call (720) 712-3516 or send us a message to schedule a free on-site estimate with our local roof replacement experts.