Stone-coated steel roofing systems, like those provided by Boral Roofing, are becoming a more popular option in Colorado. This type of roofing provides the durability of metal roofing while also providing the more traditional appearance of shake, slate, or clay tile. For property owners looking into high-durability roof materials, Boral stone-coated steel is a great option to consider.
Here are seven of the key benefits of stone-coated steel roofs:
- Extremely durable. Stone-coated steel roofs are rated at class 4 impact resistance (the highest rating available). They also can withstand winds up to 120MPH and are class-A fire rated.
- Snow melt and drain. Due to the stone-coating, snow does not slide off stone-coated steel roofs like it often does with standing-seam metal roofs. Allowing the snow to melt slowly into your gutter system creates a safer environment around the perimeter of your roof. (also see: can your roof be replaced in the winter?)
- Appearance. Stone-coated steel roofs offer a distinctly upscale look from the asphalt shingles found on most homes. The curb appeal is unmistakable, and upgrading to a stone-coated steel roof is a great way to make your home stand out from your neighbors.
- Insurance premium discounts. In many states and with many insurance carriers, stone-coated steel roofs will qualify you for discounted insurance rates.
- Longevity. Boral stone-coated steel roofing systems have a life expectancy of 50 years or more. Asphalt shingle roofs may need to be replaced 2-3 times during that same span.
- Sustainability. Boral steel products are recyclable at the end of their life, and are also likely to reduce your home’s energy consumption when installed on your roof.
- Value. While the upfront cost may be more, stone-coated steel will last much longer than asphalt shingles. If you plan to be in your home long-term, stone-coated steel can actually provide cost-savings over cheaper materials.
In addition to these benefits, studies show that upgrading to stone-coated steel can increase your home’s value by up to 6% compared with other roofing materials!
Boral offers multiple options for their stone-coated steel roofing products:
- Pine Crest Shake: The appearance of hand-split cedar shake with 6 color options.
- Granite Ridge Shingle: Traditional shingle appearance available in 5 colors.
- Cottage Shingle: Two-tone shingle appearance with 4 color options.
- Barrel Vault Tile: Spanish tile appearance available in 8 colors.
- Pacific Tile: Mediterranean villa tile appearance available in 4 colors.
Considering stone-coated steel for your roof? Our project managers are trained on this material and would be glad to discuss any questions you may have. Contact us to get in touch with a roofing professional that will guide you through the claims process with ease.